Chief Executive Officer
- Executive opportunity to lead a passionate, local organisation!
- Contribute and develop your skills in a dynamic, supportive, and inspiring environment.
- Enjoy a competitive base salary + super, salary sacrificing, generous leave, and ongoing professional development!
About the Organisation
Nyamba Buru Yawuru (NBY) means ‘This is the place of Yawuru’. NBY is the operational company of the Yawuru Native Title Holders Aboriginal Corporation. NBY manages the day to day business of Yawuru and is engaged in a diverse range of projects which help to provide social, cultural, environmental and financial sustainability for the future of Yawuru people.
The key objectives are:
- To maintain our customary life
- To protect and manage our Country
- To nurture our culture
- To provide opportunity for Yawuru people
- To foster understanding and respect from others
Vision: to build the Yawuru community, our people, our country, our culture and our economy, now and for the future.
About the Opportunity
NBY now has an exciting leadership opportunity for a full-time CEO to join their team in Broome, WA.
Working closely with the Board, this role will see you responsible for providing strong leadership, enabling NBY to achieve its strategic and operational goals. In this position you will also be responsible for actively engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, effectively communicating the organisations vision and strategies.
- In collaboration with the Yawuru Corporate Board Group Boards and staff, lead the Yawuru Corporate Group in a way that balances Yawuru values and generating income through commercial opportunities and social enterprise to achieve the Yawuru vision and objectives.
- Be an effective, public representative of the Yawuru Corporate Group in public and private functions, forums and the media, to attract and secure revenue and achieve commercial imperatives;
- Embody the principles of cultural competency and community healing and ensure they are incorporated into all activities of the Yawuru Corporate Group;
- Drive and achieve agreed Yawuru Corporate Group social and commercial objectives;
- Build and maintain a high-performance team with constructive relationships across the Yawuru Corporate Group with clear accountability and commitment to delivery of results;
- Manage key strategic relationships to facilitate the achievement of the goals of the Yawuru Corporate Group;
- Drive the review and next instalment of the Yawuru strategic plan as required to ensure the objectives of the Yawuru Corporate Group are being met; and
- Provide advice to the Yawuru Corporate Boards and ensure the compilation and quality assurance of suitable and regular reports to the Board, covering all aspects of strategy, policy and risk management.
To view the full position description, please click here.
Yawuru and other First Nations Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
NBY is seeking a driven Executive Leader who has established a successful track record of delivering results. Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to apply these skills in strategic planning, business development and advocacy, will ensure your success.
Experience with financial management will be critical to your success in the role, as will a commitment to creative thinking and driving positive and sustainable change.
Due to the nature of the role, you must understand Yawuru and Kimberly Aboriginal history, culture and aspirations, along with knowledge of native title organisations and how they operate. You must be able to work collaboratively with people from a range of cultural and social backgrounds. A background in advocacy and/or any network relationships within Broome or WA will be highly regarded.
As you will be building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, it is essential you possess superior relationship management, communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
Importantly, NBY is also looking for someone who will build a culture of innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement.
Please note, appointment factors in this role will be subject to:
- A Criminal History Check
- Ability and preparedness to obtain a Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- Current driver’s license (desirable)
- Current First Aid Certificate or be willing to gain one, within six months of commencement
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on an Executive Leadership challenge, within a fast-paced organisation!
NBY offers a stable, safe and supportive work environment, with plenty of challenges and variety, as you interact with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
NBY is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. Staff development programs are both encouraged and provided by the organisation and you will have the opportunity to mentor Yawuru staff.
You will receive a competitive remuneration circa $200,000 - $230,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications PLUS super, phone, laptop, salary sacrificing options and a range of benefits including:
- 6 weeks annual leave per year;
- Relocation assistance (negotiable) when relocating to Broome; and
- Professional development and training provided.
Most importantly, you'll be joining a team of passionate and dedicated individuals who contribute to the positive impact made on the local community. Here you will be able to voice your thoughts and opinions, as the organisation embraces opportunity and encourages its people to initiate action and follow through on the outcome.
Take on a new challenge in your executive career, with a progressive Aboriginal community-controlled organisation - Apply Now!