Our Wellclose Station is currently looking for an experienced mature Caretaker to assist the station manger in looking after the water infrastructure and maintenance of our aggregation made up of 390,000 acres used for breeding with stock being moved across our back grounding properties.
- Maintain all water infrastructure across all aggregation
- Putting out lick.
- Maintaining all fencing (Exclusion & barb) in all three areas.
- Keeping a close eye on the cattle in those areas.
- General property Repairs & Maintenance
- Maintain vehicles & machinery in good condition
- Maintaining the station complex.
- Some stock work when required.
Accommodation available is a house located approximately 50kms from the main Wellclose station homestead. Giving the right applicant autonomy, accountability and privacy.
You have demonstrated success in a similar role enjoying a variety of work environments and are passionate about delivering quality workmanship. You've got the maturity to work autonomously, without supervision and can be relied upon to get the job done safely and efficiently. Despite working alone most of the time, you really enjoy being apart of the team and getting involved. The successful caretaker will also have experience in:
- Property work
- Knowledge of pumps & water infrastructure
- Operation of machinery experience
- Handyman skills
- Firearms licence or willingness to obtain
- Be flexible & responsive to change
- Have a positive attitude with loads of energy & enthusiasm
- See opportunity for improvements & put forward ideas
- Be physically fit and able to undertake manual tasks
Australian Country Choice (ACC) together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings is a 100% Australian owned and family operated industry leader, producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. Together, our operations spread over 5 million acres throughout Queensland, encompass large scale cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming, feedlots and our state of the art food processing and packaging facility. We are proudly the largest, family owned, vertically integrated supply chain.
This means you really do get the best of both worlds. You get the opportunity and security that comes with a progressive corporate pastoral operation who continue to grow, develop and innovate, along with the support and personal interest that comes with being part of a family business. We’re solid, we’re progressive and we continue to invest in our infrastructure, our technology and our people.
Please note: it is a condition of employment that you are vaccinated for QFever and Covid19