Head Chef - Pastry
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Head Chef - Pastry
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Head Chef to lead our Pastry team in delivering exceptional and industry leading pastry services at Adelaide Oval. With a large-scale, modern kitchen, offering a range of new equipment at your disposal, the Head Chef - Pastry will manage day-to-day operations of the pastry kitchen and strive to build delightful dining experiences for all patrons through the creation and design of delicious pastry items. To be successful in this position, you will be a modern, creative and contemporary Pastry Chef with an ability to showcase your passion through delicious produce.
What you'll be doing
- Leading and mentoring a high performing Pastry Culinary team.
- Managing the production of all pastry items, inclusive of ice creams, cakes, plated desserts and petit fours.
- Ensuring the production, preparation and presentation of all services deriving from the Pastry Kitchen is of premium quality at all times.
- Collaborating with the Director of Cuisine and Executive Chefs as key part of their Senior Kitchen Brigade.
- Creating new and innovative menus to engage clients and generate revenue.
- Contribute to the procurement of best available product(s) at competitive pricing, in consultation with other Kitchen departments, to achieve short and long term business objectives.
- Participate in the learning and development of the pastry kitchen brigade to build individual and team successes.
- Implementation and maintenance of all HACCP programs as applicable.
- Representing the Venue Hospitality division of AOSMA as required both internally and externally.
- Compliance with business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
To be successful in Adelaide Oval’s Pastry Kitchen, you will have:
- Passion for delivering exceptional pastry menus.
- A minimum 4 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience working as a Head Chef Pastry, Sous Chef Pastry or senior Pastry Chef in an equivalent business.
- Relevant qualifications in Patisserie or an equivalent trade qualification.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Team player with a supportive approach to working with others.
- Experience in managing high volume, fast paced environments.
- Appetite for a varied and dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in managing a busy team, including ensuring development of team members
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Relocation allowances may be considered for interstate candidates.
Bake the next step in your career and make your dreams crumb true at Adelaide Oval.