Part Time and Casual Stewards
Adelaide Oval, SA
Permanent Part Time and Casual Kitchen Stewards
We have an exciting opportunity to join our fun Kitchen Brigade in a permanent part time or casual capacity to work across multiple kitchens within Adelaide Oval, Oval Hotel and external venues.
If you choose to kick goals with this crew, you can expect to provide back of house support to the Kitchen Brigade by performing integral duties.
Our PPT Stewards will be rostered over a 7 day a week roster with a guaranteed of a minimum of 15 hours per week with above award rates. Our Casual Stewards do not have a minimum guaranteed number of hours per week and are rostered depending on business requirements including Major Event Days.
What you will be doing
- Cleaning dishes using both manual and commercial dishwashing equipment.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchens and kitchen equipment.
- Transferring/allocating and organising other equipment around the Stadium.
- Responsible for the safe removal of rubbish and recycling of both wet and dry kitchen waste to designated areas.
- Applying commercial chemicals correctly.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Previous experience in a similar role (eg. Kitchen Hand or Dish Washer).
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames.
- Fun can-do attitude coupled with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Flexibility to work over a 7-day roster, including nights.
- Basic Food Hygiene/Food Safety qualifications (desirable).
What's in it for you
While working at the iconic Adelaide Oval, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of World Class events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme)
- Subsidised car parking
- Health & Wellness programs
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
- Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations.
Who we are
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city. The Oval is both hallowed and iconic.
The Oval is a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium and is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is also significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including, Monarto Safari Park, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.