Director of MTX Club
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Monarto Safari Park, Koffee Ink and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Director of MTX Club
Reporting to the General Manager of Partnerships & Sales, the Director of MTX Club will be responsible for developing strong corporate relationships within the private and government sectors and driving revenue from sponsorship assets.
This is a hands-on position, which requires an experienced professional who can build on our revenue targets to achieve exceptional results. In addition to this, the Director of MTX Club must have strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to facilitate team motivation, trust and enthusiasm to reach goals.
What you'll be working on
- Collaborating with the Food & Beverage team to drive the continual development of the MTX Group partners experiences at Adelaide Oval.
- Management of the MTX Group Partners to ensure the delivery of benefits that exceed expectations.
- Ongoing development of the MTX Club Product Strategy to maximise customer satisfaction and financial return.
- In conjunction with the GM Partnership & Sales, the development and delivery of the overall MTX Club Strategy and appropriate marketing collateral for MTX Club.
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Corporate Team, the coordination of the online portal used for ticketing, car parking, Food & Beverage ordering and tickets sales for other events.
- Manage budgets and expenses for MTX Club.
- Develop key Marketing initiatives to drive membership sales and new opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategic networking events for members and clients.
- Effective management of the Corporate Sales Team, including recruitment and induction and career development.
- Monthly reporting on Corporate Sales results.
What you'll bring
- Proven track record of success in the negotiation and delivery of commercial agreements;
- Experience in working in Sales and/or Partnerships with a significant focus on client servicing;
- Strong commercial acumen with working knowledge of effective sales and relationship building techniques;
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Working understanding of South Australian corporate market;
- Experience with managing CRM systems;
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills;
- Proven track record in developing and executing high level strategies and submissions;
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience with establishing excellent stakeholder relationships; and
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
This is a hands on role, which requires someone who is well-organised, professional, and passionate about representing Adelaide Oval.
Please note that out of hours work will be requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval (including nights, weekends and public holidays).
What's in it for you
While working at the iconic Adelaide Oval, you’ll be rewarded for contributing to the delivery of World Class events through our suite of reward and recognition initiatives. To help you kick goals while working with us, you’ll have access to staff benefits including:
- Discounts across Adelaide Oval, RoofClimb and Oval Hotel
- Paid Parental Leave (over and above the Government PPL scheme)
- Subsidised car parking
- Health & Wellness programs
- Training & development opportunities
- Private Health corporate discounts
Applications close at 9:00am on Monday, 4 July 2022.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.