Plant Operator (Skid Steer) - Aramac
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council has a vacancy for an Plant Operator (Skid Steer) to join the Construction team in Aramac. The successful applicant will be required to have a minimum of 2 Years experience operating a Skid Steer. This role is offering an immediate start and will be ongoing for the right candidate.
Location: This position is based in Aramac with Regional work and travel as required.
Classification Level: Level 4 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award - State 2017 - Division 2 - Section 5 and the Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $56,654.00 per annum + Superannuation and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading - Council has a mandatory Close Down over the Christmas and New Year period. Employees are required to take Annual Leave over this period.
Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated recent experience in operating plant/ vehicles in a safe and efficient manner;
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively participate in hazardous manual tasks and activities such as lifting, digging, shovelling and the use of powered tools;
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision exercising initiative, judgement and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and possesses a general understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal), and well developed interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org