Senior Coordinator Waste Services
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated individual to join and lead Blacktown City Council’s Waste Services team during this exciting period of growth the City is experiencing.
This position will coordinate Council's Waste Services including the collection of approximately 120,000 mobile garbage bins per week and approximately 100,000 household clean-up collections per year. You will also liaise with our contract partners to provide other services such as recycling and bulk waste collections, and be responsible for developing and implementing systems to meet our ever increasing responsibilities. This will include introducing technological innovation to deliver high quality waste services to our residents.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant tertiary and supplementary professional qualifications and extensive experience in a related field
o solid experience in preparing detailed reports and work program budgets
o solid experience working with and leading multi-disciplined operational work teams
o highly advanced analytical skills
o experience in delivering high level customer service in an operational work context
o advanced written and verbal communication skills when responding to staff or the public
- Class C drivers licence.
- Solid experience in negotiation skills when delivering key advice to staff or the public
- Demonstrated experience using computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations for waste management operations.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range $99,564.40 - $111,514.00 (Grade 18) per annum will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Leaseback vehicle
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Please note that from time to time, this position is required to attend work early in the morning (3am onwards) to meet operational requirements. These hours will attract the appropriate remuneration under Council's Enterprise Agreement.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Contact Officer: Ric Smith on 9839 6000
INTERNAL REF: BCC1265