Recruitment Support Officer
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available to assist in supporting the recruitment process at Blacktown City Council in this newly developed role.
You will assist the recruitment team by:
- Providing high level administrative support to Council’s recruitment function
- Liaising with external recruitment services as required
- Assisting in the development, review, update and implementation of recruitment system documentation, processes and procedures, including website and intranet content
- Assisting with general HR Administration tasks when required
- Attending to incoming requests and correspondence, and refer to appropriate personnel
- Providing professional advice and timely replies to client enquiries
- Managing records in accordance with Council’s Record Management Procedures
- Maintaining various information resources e.g. publications, directories etc.
- Actioning all enquires, correspondence and documentation appropriately
- Undertaking research assignments and special projects as directed
- Other duties as directed consistent with the operations of Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a related field (Certificate or above) and/or demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in the use of online recruitment systems
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively within a fast paced cross-functional environment
- Current class C driver's licence
- Experience in using ERP systems such as TechnologyOne, SCOUT etc.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound knowledge of Commonwealth, State and Local Government legislation impacting on Human Resources and recruitment
- Experience in website content management
- Strong time management and organisation skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet diverse business priorities and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $1,115.30 - $1,249.20 (Grade 6) per week with the preferred candidate based on qualifications, skills and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Contact Officer: Rhonda Batchelor on 9839 6091
INTERNAL REF: BCC1808