Activity Officer (Duty Manager)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivated, passionate person to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as a full-time Activity Officer (Duty Manager).
The role includes:
- Managing the day to day operations of the centre
- Leading a team
- Providing quality customer service at an award winning leisure centre.
If you have a Pool Lifeguard Certificate, some aquatic and leisure industry experience and great time management skills then this is the role for you!
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR and Oxygen Equipment
- Experience in similar environment
- Current class C driver’s licence
- Current Working with Children Check.
- TAFE Certificate of Attainment (Pool Operations)
- Experience in managing time effectively
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Experience and knowledge of the operation and aquatic plant and equipment and other resources associated with the provision of recreation facilities, programmes and events
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Experience in the shift coordination of an aquatic/leisure centre
- Experience in working within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’
- Computer literate.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,153.50 - $1,292.00 (Grade 7) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- An additional 12.25% in accordance with Council's flexibility agreement
- 114 hours over a 3 week period, including 1 weekend within the cycle
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Contact Officer: Steven Tripney on 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: BCC807