Team Leader Streetscape Maintenance
Previous applicants need not apply.
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
- Permanent, full-time position
- Maintenance of Council's Streetscape median strips, roundabouts and landscape road verges and public parks and reserves
- Focus on the beautification of Blacktown City.
Council has a rapidly expanding Open Space Maintenance Section with extensive recreational facilities, and with the growth of the North West Growth Sector we are looking for highly motivated individuals to lead a small team to maintain Council's parks and reserves and other landscaped streetscape facilities in a professional, clean and safe manner, in accordance with service level requirements.
You will be responsible to lead a small team in the servicing of Council’s streetscape, median strips, roundabouts and landscape road verges and other public parks and reserves and ensuring that all resources and team members are safely, effectively and efficiently engaged in the servicing of our streetscape and landscape facilities in a professional manner. Ensuring daily recording of activities are completed in a timely manner. Undertake all works associated with the maintenance of each site to a highest of standard and reporting and recording or addressing any hazards. Providing recommendations for landscape and maintenance improvement works.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal qualifications in horticulture or related area. Alternatively, extensive experience in these areas of operations
- Class MR Driver’s Licence
- Staff Supervision Experience
- Extensive experience in maintenance of gardens and landscaped areas including annuals, exotic, native, high profile, median, roundabout gardens, etc.
- Chainsaw operation certificate of competence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- RTA approved Traffic Controller Implementation Accreditation
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to direct and supervise staff
- Availability to work rostered overtime as required.
Remuneration and Benefits
- A competitive salary range of $1,186.40 - $1,328.00 (Grade 7) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour working fortnight
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) every fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
Click here to view or download the position description.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Closing Date: 5 March 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Annette Camden on 9839 6353
INTERNAL REF: BCC1835