Community Law Enforcement Officer - Parking x 4
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced individuals to carry out parking enforcement in our fast-paced Community Law Enforcement Section.
This role is responsible for carrying out regulatory functions, including the detecting and monitoring breaches of the NSW Road Rules particularly in high-risk locations such as around schools, shopping centres and railway stations. You will be responsible for enforcing Council policies and statutory responsibilities, preparing statements of evidence, liaising with Council's solicitors and representing Council where court action is required for breaches of legislation.
An ideal candidate will have strong customer service and well-developed problem solving skills.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Local Government experience in a similar capacity
- Current Class “C” driver’s licence.
- Certificate III in Local Government (Regulatory Services)
- Understanding of the profession and the role of local government
- Knowledge of relevant issues and applicable legislation/regulations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,107.90 - $1,240.90 (Grade 5) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 76 hour working fortnight
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) every fortnight
- Leaseback Vehicle
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and/or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 26 February 2021, 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Peter Seymour on 9839 6137
INTERNAL REF: BCC545,BCC550,BCC1843,BCC1844