Casual Party Host
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
We are looking for motivated and experienced individuals who share a commitment and passion for sport and leisure to join the Key Venues team as a Party Host. Birthday Parties are held at 3 aquatic venues, Blacktown Aquatic Centre, Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope and Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton. Splashez parties are aquatic parties run at all 3 venues, and are the most popular party theme. Groovez parties also run at all 3 centres, and are dance parties with popular games and fun. Sportz parties are run at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope and Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton and involve action packed activities, drills and games in a sport of the birthday child’s choice. Party hosts are required to lead individual parties and encourage and facilitate a fun program of activity and engagement in a safe and enjoyable manner. Expressions of Interest are being sought for enthusiastic individuals to apply to join the team at the venue of your choice.
This position is about leading 5 – 12 year olds as they celebrate their birthday. It is about being energetic and fun with lots of party games! So if you are a big kid at heart, you would be perfect as a Party Host!
Qualifications and experience
- Current CPR Certificate
- Pool Lifeguard, Bronze Medallion or Austswim qualification or Royal Life Saving Swim Teacher certificate (aquatic parties only)
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent oral communication
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Current First Aid
- Current driver's licence
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate applies at $25.0605 (Grade 2, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading and penalty rates apply for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 5 March 2021, 11:30pm
Contact Officer: Nardia Macdonald on 9421 2623
INTERNAL REF: Party Host - Casual