Child Care Cook - Casual
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council owns and operates a childcare business, Kids’ Early Learning, with a portfolio of 26 child care centres and over 70 family day care educators.
Kids’ Early Learning has approximately 300 full-time, part-time and casual staff and operates throughout the Blacktown local government area, serving over 1700 families and providing care and learning needs for their children.
We are currently seeking to fill a number of casual child care cooks positions.
Qualifications and experience
- Completion of an Accredited Course/s in: Nutrition, Menu Planning and Safe Food Handling for Cooks in Children’s Services which meet requirements for cooks in child care centres under the Education and Care Services National Law 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2018
- Working with Children Check number.
- Experience in cooking for large numbers and be aware of dietary requirements of young children
- Certificate in commercial cookery
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Current class C driver's licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $26.5316 (Grade 3) plus 25% casual loading will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 23 April 2021, 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Rebecca Cooper on 9839 6868
INTERNAL REF: Casual