Operations Supervisor - Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre - Emerton
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton is an award-winning multipurpose facility that offers quality programs and services. Our Centre includes both indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities including 50m and 20m outdoor pools, 25m and program/leisure indoor pools, indoor waterslide and an outdoor warm water therapy pool as well as a 2 court stadium.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our team at Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton on a permanent, full-time basis.
The Operations Supervisor will work with the duty management and aquatics teams to ensure the effective and efficient day to day operations of the centre, and ensure the experience for all visitors to Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton regardless of the activity they choose is a safe and enjoyable experience.
The successful candidate will need experience with plant and contractor management, staff management, budget compliance and knowledge on aquatic industry guidelines including Workplace Health and Safety.
The responsibilities include:
• Managing the day to day operations of the centre
• Leading a team of permanent and casual staff
• Organisation of daily resources.
If you have a passion for the aquatics and leisure industry, great customer service, time management and great organisational skills, then this is the role for you!
Qualifications and experience
- Thorough working knowledge and experience of work procedures related to the delivery of operational works
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of operational staff
- Experience in rostering operational staff and equipment
- Current class ‘C’ driver's licence
- Statement of attainment in Aquatics Operation or Supervision/Management
- Pool Lifeguard Award/Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR certificate
- Oxygen Equipment Certificate
- Pool supervision experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Working with Children Check.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,442.60 - $1,615.60 (Grade 11) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10% employer superannuation contribution payable to Active Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Please note being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a requirement prior to commencement and throughout ongoing employment with Blacktown City Council.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 25 February 2022, 11:30 pm.
Contact Officer: Nyree Parkin on 8822 6023
INTERNAL REF: BCC1206