Swim School Team Leader
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Aquatic Centre is an award winning multi-purpose facility that offers high quality programs and services. Our Centre includes both indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities including an Olympic 8 lane indoor 50m pool, 6 lane outdoor 50m pool, toddlers pool, health and fitness centre, crèche and outdoor picnic and play areas.
This is an exciting permanent, full-time opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual who shares a commitment and passion for sport and leisure to join the Blacktown Aquatic Centre as Swim School Team Leader.
The Swim School Team Leader is responsible for delivering a well-respected, professionally operated swim school program. The role includes leading a swim school team of full time and casual staff with an emphasis on quality customer service, enrolment retention and class consolidation. You need to be able to provide leadership that results in motivated and effective employees.
The successful candidate will need experience with managing and operating a large swim school, strong and effective customer service skills and knowledge on aquatic industry guidelines including Workplace Health & Safety.
The responsibilities include:
• Managing the day to day operations of the swim school program
• Leading a team of full time and casual staff
• Organisation of daily resources.
If you have the have Learn to Swim experience, have a drive to make a positive impact on water safety and the skills to be a great leader then this is the role for you!
Qualifications and experience
- Austswim Certificate in Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety, Swim Australia or Royal Life Saving Swim Teacher Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Coaching/teaching experience
- Current Class 'C' Driver’s licence
- Coaching/teaching experience
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Austswim Certificate in Teacher of Infant Aquatics, Competitive Stokes or Disabilities
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Competitive Strokes.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Entry level for this position starts at $1,210.10 per week plus an addition 12.25% in accordance with Council's flexibility agreement
- 114 hours worked over a 3 week roster, including 1 weekend within the cycle
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 10% employer superannuation contribution payable to Active Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Please note being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a requirement prior to commencement and throughout ongoing employment with Blacktown City Council.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 13 May 2022, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Lachlan Lawless on 8869 9000
INTERNAL REF: BCC1565