Early Years and Family Worker
$67,977 per annum (pro rata) + super + benefits
Temporary, Part-Time (Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 3.00 pm) until 1 February 2023
Community Services Branch
Community & Environment
Bundaberg Region (Childers/Gin Gin)
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
About The Opportunity
Your role as an Early Years and Family Worker is to bring together different disciplines and services into a comprehensive service delivery system for Early Years' providers, parents/carers and their children from birth to eight years of age. Your role provides integrated services that support parents/carers wellbeing, parenting and their child/children’s learning and development.
In this role, you will ensure the Child and Family Program runs effectively and efficiently on a day-to-day basis across the locations in Childers and Gin Gin. You will be responsible for organising the delivery of various programs ensuring a collaborative and cooperative approach to achieving successful outcomes for children and families. You will also assist in the development and implementation of administrative and information systems, including policy and procedures.
- Tertiary qualification or significant experience within the Early Childhood/Social Services/Welfare sector
- Hold a current 'C' class open Drivers Licence, First Aid Certificate and up-to-date Resuscitation Certificate
- Positive Notice Blue Card for Child Related Employment (Commission of Children and Young People and Child Guardians) or the ability to acquire
- You have an understanding of Early Childhood Development and practices along with Family Support Education
- Demonstrated ability to promote and deliver early years and social programs to Government agencies and organisations along with the broader community
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, suppliers and government bodies
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, to ensure set outcomes are achieved
- Lives and upholds the Council's values
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% leave loading
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 August 2022 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.