Natural Areas Officer
$81,290 per annum + super + benefits
Parks, Sport & Natural Areas Branch
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation.
About The Opportunity
As a Natural Areas Officer, you will take a lead role in the development and implementation of Council's strategic environmental and natural areas programs. The position also assists with providing technical and statutory advice on environmental matters.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, natural resource management or a similar related field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing field-based teams to deliver natural resource management programs including infrastructure, assets, invasive pests, fire management, cultural heritage and biodiversity monitoring.
- Demonstrated high level of ability to provide advice in the areas of sustainability, conservation and environmental management in a local Government setting to Council, departmental staff, and the community.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, operational work programs, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and monitor workflows.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant environmental and planning legislation and local laws.
- Possession of current 'C' Class Open Drivers' Licence.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and present a customer focused approach to internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of computer skills with demonstrated ability to prepare a range of documents including customer correspondence, complaints, consultation and briefing reports and visual presentations.
- Live and uphold Council's values.
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including regular long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
Temporary rental accommodation is available at cost to the successful applicant if required, conditions will apply.
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment Medical (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Tuesday 18 October 2022 11.30 pm AEST