Administrator, People and Culture
Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1750 students (Years 5-12) overlooking the Brisbane CBD. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, extensive co-curricular activities and student wellbeing programs. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment which is responsive to the needs of our students.
Title: Administrator, People and Culture
Reporting to: Manager, People and Culture
Status: Maximum Term | Full Time
Maximum Term end date: 31 December 2021
Brisbane Grammar School (BGS) has a unique opportunity for a Human Resources undergraduate to join the People and Culture (P&C) team on full-time basis. The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the P&C team.
Core duties of the role include:
- Perform compliant, accurate and timely processing of the BGS P&C administration function
- Provide efficient and accurate administrative support for the P&C function, across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Assist the P&C team with the administrative components of staff recruitment and on-boarding.
- Assist the P&C team with the administrative components of staff exit processes.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for a broad range of employment related matters.
- Maintain HR email inboxes.
- Maintain Service Desk enquiries.
- Maintain and update the Document Management System.
- Assist in recording and managing people movements including contract renewals, contract variations, allowances, long-term leave and exiting employees.
- Maintain all employee movements in Synergetic and the HR Update Report
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email to employees in relation to human resource services.
You will enjoy a busy human resources environment and thrive on working to tight deadlines. You are a perfectionist, and you display a high attention to detail and accuracy of your work output. You see that a variety of administrative tasks across the entire employee life cycle is a key driver for your personal development in human resources. You have strong time management skills, a professional attitude and seek a work environment to develop your skills.
Your experience includes:
- Experience working in a human resources administration role. (Desirable)
Your skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly MS Words and Excel).
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple pieces of work.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge of contemporary HR procedures and practices
- Diploma of Human Resources
Brisbane Grammar School recognises the value of diverse thinking and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. To better understand what it means to join BGS, please review the information on our website and social media accounts before submitting your application. You should also familiarise yourself with our key policies and procedures available on the School website which may assist you during the recruitment process.
To help us assess your application, you will be asked some questions when you submit your application.
Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their eligibility to engage in activities involving children.
Applicants for all positions must be eligible for a positive notice and a blue card through the Department of Justice and Attorney-General. Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their suitability to work with or around children.
Applicants may be requested to complete skills and psychometric tests as part of the School’s evaluation process.
Applicants must submit:
1. A cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the core responsibilities for the role
2. A full CV including: The names, addresses, titles and telephone numbers of two (2) recent professional referees. One of these referees should be the applicant’s most recent direct supervisor.
3. Evidence of your relevant training certification.
4. Photo Identification (e.g., passport, or both sides of a Driver’s Licence).
Only applications adhering to all of the above will be considered. Only applications submitted through the online submission portal will be considered.
Brisbane Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
24 June 2021