Boarding Supervisors (Live-In Arrangement)
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has vacancies for several Boarding Supervisors (Live-In Arrangement). The start date will be 17th January 2022. A position description is available for download via the link at the bottom of this page.
Boarding Supervisors are responsible for an average of 13.6 hours of duty per week in the residences during College terms. Meals and accommodation are offset against your work, meaning you do not receive payment for this role unless you exceed the 13.6 hours of duty. The 13.6 hours of duty may include duties such as morning wake-up and early morning supervision in the Residence before and after breakfast and afternoon supervision between the hours of 3.10pm and dinner, and evening shifts.
In addition, all Boarding Supervisors are expected to:
- be on the premises during their time of rostered duty;
- abide by the rules and regulations of the Residence;
- contact the Boarding Coordinator if special permissions for any boarding student are required;
- be the first point of contact for a boarding student during times of rostered duty;
- contact the Boarding Coordinator if required;
- attend full boarding school meetings at the beginning of each term;
- attend year level group meetings (for staff and students) when required;
- make out of school hours phone calls to parents when required;
- help with the regular prayer program for the boys in their Residence.
- The College reserves the right to interview and employ successful candidates before the closing date.
Applicants must hold a current Blue Card issued by the Queensland Government and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement. The College is a non-smoking workplace.
How to Apply
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their application - please check your junk folder if you are unable to find this email.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
For enquiries only (please do not email your application), please contact:
Head of Staff Services
PH: 3858 4534 or 3858 4643
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.