Children's Services Assistant
About the role
Bathurst Regional Councils Children’s Services provides high quality childcare options to the Bathurst Community including Long Day Care and Family Day Care.
Administration is at the forefront of Councils Children's Services and we are currently looking for a part time Children’s Services Assistant who will show initiative, can work independently and is passionate about providing quality customer service.
The Children's Services Assistant will be required to oversee the delivery of efficient administration systems of the section and provide direct support to the Child Care Coordinator.
The successful candidate will work across Family Day Care and Long Day Care covering a range of administrative tasks including but not limited to, managing registers, overseeing the processing of child care management systems, preparing basic reports and correspondence and coordinating the training needs of the section.
The position will work alongside the Children’s Services Administration Officer and a number of child care staff.
- Certificate III in Business (Administration) or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years office administration experience, in particular childcare services
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in the operation of various computer packages
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team promoting cooperation and good relationships with Children’s Services
- Able to meet the requirements set out in the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013
- Current drivers’ licence
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $897.69 to $943.14 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent part time
Hours of work: 30 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Application closing date: Sunday, 1 August 2021, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Bronwyn Starkey - 6333 6560
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.