Labourer (Works) x3
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an opportunity for someone to join the Work's section as a Labourer. In this role you will be required to undertake general labouring duties associated with Council’s road construction and maintenance activities.
To be successful in this role you must hold a current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence, as a minimum, and have knowledge and experience in the operation of minor plant associated with road construction and maintenance. Experience working with concrete is also a key requirement.
Council is also looking to create a pool of casual labourers from this recruitment process.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence, as a minimum.
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Knowledge and experience of road construction and maintenance principles.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position requiring labouring and concreting work.
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to fulfil the requirements of the position.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $888.50 to $931.16 per week + industry allowance of $16.70 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 31 October 2021, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Simon Armitage - 6333 6223
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.