Payroll Assistant Part Time
About the role
Great opportunity for a dedicated, proactive, and conscientious individual with a keen eye for detail to join our talented and supportive Payroll team.
As Payroll Assistant, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective payroll service to Council and excellent customer service to staff and management.
This is an opportunity for a candidate to develop their end-to-end payroll knowledge and be a part of a dynamic inclusive team environment, whilst maintaining good work-life balance as the role works Monday to Wednesday 9.00am to 3.00pm.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and understanding of Awards & Tax Rates.
- Knowledge in the preparation, checking and processing of a pay run.
- Advanced data entry skills with attention to accuracy.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer experience with emphasis on Excel and payroll systems.
- Proven experience working in a team environment.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
What we can offer
- Work/Life Balance
- Generous leave entitlements
- Corporate gym membership
- Employee education assistance
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Access to confidential employee assistance program
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $455.07 to $478.11 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours of work: Monday to Wednesday 9.00am - 3.00pm (16.5 hours), will also be required to flex up to 35 hours when Payroll Officer is on leave
Application closing date: Sunday, 12 February 2023, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Financial Accountant, Megan Mullins - 02 6333 6265
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.