Team Leader Civil Construction
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an full-time fixed term opportunity concluding on 27 May 2022 for an enthusiastic individual to provide direction, guidance, resources and expert advice to other team members, while carrying out concreting and labouring as well as utilising a variety of civil engineering plant equipment for the purpose of constructing and maintaining BVSC assets.
As Team Leader Civil Construction, you will:
- Supervise and perform high-level concreting and associated skills on civil construction projects.
- Assess the condition of assets and determine the most appropriate method of repair and maintenance.
- Supervise and operate plant and equipment such as loaders, excavators, rollers, trucks and kerb machines on construction projects.
- Supervise, operate and perform basic routine and corrective maintenance on a variety of civil engineering plant, tools and equipment.
- Produce a Weekly Work Plan for the Team.
- Assist in reviewing plans, developing specifications and scope of works, estimating, and making recommendations where appropriate.
We are seeking an individual who holds the following qualifications and licences:
- School Certificate (Year 10) or equivalent.
- SafeWork NSW General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- NSW RMS Heavy Rigid (HR) licence.
- Traffic Controller qualification
- Implement Traffic Control qualification
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- Civil Plant Licence or Competencies (ideally Skid steer and Backhoe Loader).
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on civil construction projects or similar (indicative).
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a small team in a construction and maintenance task oriented environment.
- Proven skills in planning, scheduling, costing and coordination of minor works.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in concrete maintenance works which may include (but not limited to): Mixing, laying, compacting and finishing, formwork erection, site levelling, pipe laying, culvert construction, drainage and environmental control installation.
- Additional skills, knowledge and qualifications that might be applicable to this position, such as licences, specialised training and work experience.
This is a fixed term full-time position working 38 hours per week until 29 May 2022. Remuneration is $1240.30 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact James Downes, Works Superintendent on 6499 2222.
Applications close 9am AEST on 5 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.