A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for a community-minded individual to join our Ranger Services team to provide a range of regulatory, compliance and associated community education services with a focus upon companion animals, public land use, environmental control and regulating community matters under various acts and regulations.
As Ranger, you will undertake a range of activities associated with animal and companion animal management, and regulate unauthorised activities on public reserves, road reserves and lands. You will be responsible for investigating offences; preparing Penalty Notices, Briefs of Evidence, and Court Attendance Notices and will be expected to provide advice relating to compliance, animal management and environmental regulation.
We are seeking an individual who holds a Certificate IV in Investigations or Local Government (Regulatory Services) (or equivalent) and has demonstrated experience in local government compliance or law enforcement.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Excellent customer services skills and ability negotiate and communicate effectively with community members and stakeholders who may be agitated or upset.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of contemporary investigation and regulation issues especially in regards local government public safety, animal management, impounding and the ability and/or knowledge to initiate legal proceedings.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in interpreting and applying relevant legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated high standard of physical fitness relevant to the position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to maintain accurate records and information, particularly in drafting statutory instruments
This is a permanent full-time positions working 38 hours per week. Remuneration is $1240.30 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Sara Keeley-Smith, Ranger Services Coordinator on 02 6499 2184.
Applications close 9am AEDT on 10 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.