Service Desk Officer
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Service Desk Officer to join us in a level 1 IT Support role, based at our head office in Darra. You will be part of the IT Operations team that is the first point of contact and “face” (or voice) for IT in our business.
On any given day you could be doing everything from troubleshooting problems, purchasing hardware, writing documentation and setting up new mobile devices to working with project teams and installing hardware on site. You’ll get to work on some cutting edge technology and develop new skills that will help you progress with your career.
This may be surprising, but we don’t expect you to necessarily have experience in the same type of role, though this will be a bonus. For us the priority is exceptional customer service - we want our internal customers to rave about how great we are. Whether you have the technical background or not, your superior organisational skills, attention to detail & ability to build customer rapport will make you a valued member of the IT Operations team.
About the role:
As a Service Desk Officer, you will:
- Provide first-level contact and problem solving for all users with hardware, software and applications problems
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the Service Desk & escalate when required
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding processing of users
- Manage IT assets from procurement & set up, through to disposals
- Review and update documentation and recommend modifications to procedures
- Work proactively with the IT team to expand your knowledge of systems and work closely with the Level 2 Team to take on tasks where possible.
- Delight customers through regular communication, be the bridge between iServices and the business to help build mutually beneficial solutions.
- You have experience in a Level 1 Service Desk role OR a role where you have been the go-to for others in troubleshooting tech issues
- You are known for your superior customer service skills
- Your verbal & written communication skills are exceptional - you know how to effectively communicate and consult with internal and external stakeholders
- You are the type of person who always picks up on small details/errors and must “get it right”
- You enjoy the challenge of handling difficult situations/customers and typically achieve successful outcomes
- You naturally show initiative and are comfortable to act independently to resolve problems
- You bring a positive and engaging attitude to a team environment
- Your values are based on honesty and a high work ethic committed to get the job done
- If you have previous used SAP & Google suite, that is a plus
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values and have a focus on supporting a positive safety culture.
Why work for Cement Australia:
- Opportunity to learn and develop your skills
- Join an industry considered an “essential service”\
- Lifestyle option – free onsite parking, well connected via Centenary Highway/Ipswich Motorway and only a short walk to the Darra train station
- Good work/life balance
- One of Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturers
- Large enough to be the best, small enough to treat employees as family
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check.
Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with One of Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturers and innovators.