OSHC Coordinator - Emmanuel Catholic Primary School
Emmanuel is a Catholic co-educational primary school for students from Prep to Year 6. Emmanuel is committed to creating a dynamic faith and education community, witnessing to Christian values and Catholic traditions to meet the challenges of life’s journey. Emmanuel is a three stream school offering children a Catholic education in a modern, comfortable and caring atmosphere. We continue to build on our rich past to create a future that embodies and fulfills the promises of ‘Emmanuel’ – God With Us – engaging our community in witnessing God’s love in the 21st century.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists to join the team at Emmanuel Catholic Primary School, as OSHC Coordinator. This is a full-time contract position (30hpw) to cover maternity leave, comprising of after school care as well as vacation care. The contract commencement date is 10 January 2022 until 11 February 2023.
The Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Coordinator will apply a depth of knowledge and a broad range of skills which facilitate the management, administration and programming within the OSHC service. This position reports directly to the Principal and the Approved Provider with support from the Early Learning & Care Coordinator. Appropriate relationships also include children and families, service employees, clergy, the parish and the wider community (including the adjoining school personnel).
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. A Working with Children Check (WWCC) and eligibility for a Suitability Notice will also be required. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
What we offer
- Superannuation up to 12.75%
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Professional development and professional learning opportunities
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- A minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent is preferred. Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent (ACECQA approved qualifications) will also be considered.
- First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Training (ACECQA approved)
- It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicants undertake a National Crime Check (Police Check) or provide details of a Police Check that is not more than six months old.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
For further information about the role, please view the Position Description
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key characteristics of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- For a confidential conversation please contact Geraldine Rostirolla, Principal, Emmanuel Catholic Primary School, Mackay 07 4994 8255
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 3 December 2021
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.