Music Tutor - Percussion & Drums - Emmaus College
Emmaus College is a co-educational Catholic College in the heart of Rockhampton. The College offers a tailored journey designed to support students at pivotal points in their young lives. The separate Middle School and Senior School campuses provide extensive facilities and create learning environments designed to nurture and empower the students that they serve.
An exciting opportunity currently exists within the Emmaus College Music team. We are seeking a contract term-time Music Tutor in Percussion and Drums (1 day per week with work day to be negotiated) to commence in January 2022 until 2 December 2022.
- Facilitate Instrumental Music lessons for nominated instruments at Catholic Secondary Colleges and Catholic Primary Schools in North and South Rockhampton.
- Assist with the timetables for Instrumental Music lessons.
- Monitor student attendance at Instrumental Music lessons and notify parents when students are not attending regularly.
- Assist with the distribution of all information forms for the Instrumental Music Program under the guidance of the Instrumental Music Co-ordinator.
- Communicate with the Director: Instrumental Music regularly.
- Liaise with parents concerning enquiries about the students that they are responsible for in the Instrumental Music Program.
- Report on Instrumental Music students each Semester.
- Keep accurate rolls for the purposes of accounts to parents.
- Ensure clear communication channels with the Ensemble Directors.
- Assist with the Ensemble Program including Ensemble directing, conducting, camps and other activities when required.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to a maximum of 12.75%
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development, and learning opportunities
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
- Australian work rights
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
How to Apply
- Complete the application below
- Provide a 1 – 2 page cover letter outlining your demonstrated capabilities. (Please refer to the Position Description to support your response)
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Submit your application and supporting documentation
- For a confidential conversation please contact Emmaus College, North Rockhampton on 07 4923 5700
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm, 30 November 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Have a look at this school!