Administration Officer (Student Reception) - Emmaus College
Emmaus College is a co-educational Catholic College in the heart of Rockhampton. The College offers a tailored journey designed to support students at pivotal points in their young lives. The separate Middle School and Senior School campuses provide extensive facilities and create learning environments designed to nurture and empower the students that they serve.
An exciting opportunity currently exists within the Emmaus College Administration team. We are seeking a term-time Administration Employee to commence as soon as possible.
About the role
The Administration Officer position will provide a welcoming reception atmosphere, provide administrative general duties. This is a term time continuing position, working 38 hours per week, for an immediate commencement, or as negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Provide reception services for students.
- Enter absentee data into computer, process late and early departure of students in computer and provide year co-ordinators and deputy principal with absentee details for the day.
- Monitor and care for students in sick bay, complete appropriate documentation and follow procedure in relation to student sickness and dispensing of medication.
- Receipt and store confiscated jewellery, Ipods and phones and ensure safe storage until claimed by student or parent.
- Provide students with information at student reception and refer for counsellor’s appointments etc.
- Empty assignment lodgement box and stamp sort and distribute assignments to relevant teachers.
- Intercom calls to staff and students 3 times daily
- Distribute intercampus mail
- Assist with various aspects of the coordination and preparation of school events eg sports carnivals, excursions, arts council, open days, graduations
- Liaise with year coordinators and provide office-based clerical assistance
- File student and general correspondence
For more information, please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills. Tertiary qualifications at Certificate level or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience, relevant to the position, may be required. Previous experience in a busy school office environment would be an advantage.
What we offer
- Competitive salary range – School Officer Level 3 hourly ranging from $29.80 - $31.06 (pending experience)
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Tertiary qualifications at Certificate level or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience, relevant to the position, may be required.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Australian work rights
How to Apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of three (3) professional referees
- For a confidential conversation please contact Jacquelyn Osborne at Emmaus College, North Rockhampton on 07 4923 5751.
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm, 11 May 2022.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.