School Counsellor - St Peter's Catholic Primary School
Location: St Peter's Catholic Primary School, Allenstown
Salary Range: Attractive salary ranging from $77,771 - $114,711 (full-time equivalent)
Tenure: Part-Time Continuing - Family friendly hours of work (working school weeks and receive paid school holidays).
Commencing: Date to be Negotiated
St Peter’s Catholic Primary School
About the role
An exciting opportunity currently exists within the St Peter's School Community. We are seeking a part-time continuing counsellor for 3 days per week (19hpw - 22.8hpw) who will provide counselling services to students at St Peter's Catholic Primary School, commencement date to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
In this role you will be supported by a network of counsellors through The Cathedral College counselling team.
- Plan, prepare and provide small group interventions for students relevant to need.
- Assist parents with appropriate referrals for their child where ongoing counselling or other forms of support are needed.
- In collaboration with other staff, provide direct input and support to the implementation of individual intervention plans (e.g., NCCD).
- Assist in providing information for staff to present sessions and/or programs to students.
- Assess immediate level of risk of students in crisis and provide appropriate crisis interventions, including referral to acute services where required.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with relevant external agencies to ensure appropriate support for students and their families.
- Provide professional support and advice to staff, parents, and students in relation to counselling, mental health, and wellbeing.
- Provide immediate support for staff in crisis and assist them to access the Employee Assistance Program (Working Well) or other appropriate referrals.
- In times of critical incidents, provide counselling services as required.
- Provide counselling support and follow up response to student protection risk management issues.
- Prepare for individual counselling sessions via assessment, case formulation and intervention planning.
For more information, please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills.
- Minimum required qualifications are a relevant 4 year undergraduate degree eg: B. Social Work, B. Psychology (Hons), B. Psychological Science (Hons), B. Behavioural Science (Hons), B. Social Science (Psych Hons), B. Science (Psych Hons). Other relevant 3-year degree + Masters SW (professional qualifying). B Education + Masters Guidance & Counselling.
- Australian work rights
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position
- Undertake Student Protection Training
- Undertake Workplace Health and Safety Training
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
What we offer
- Attractive salary ranging from $77,771 - $114,711 (full-time equivalent)
- Family friendly hours of work (working school weeks and receive paid school holidays).
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to a maximum of 12.75%
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development, and learning opportunities
How to Apply
- Please review the Position Description before preparing your application.
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed to the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of three (3) professional referees
- Submit your application and supporting documentation
- For a confidential conversation about the role please contact, Peter Smith, Principal - St Peter's Catholic Primary School 07 4927 5994
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 28 August 2022.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.