Principal - St Mary's Catholic Primary School, North Rockhampton
ASPIRE TO LEAD - LEAD TO INSPIRE
Location: St Mary's Catholic Primary School, North Rockhampton (current enrolment 352 students)
TEC Range: $173,804 - $189,889 inclusive of school characteristics allowance (OSHC)
Tenure: Full Time, 5 Year fixed term contract
Commencement Date: 17 January 2022
Closing Date: 11 July 2021
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School North Rockhampton offers a holistic and authentic Catholic education in a caring and cooperative community. As adults, staff and parents, we need to model the Gospel Values for the children through our words and actions. St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is part of the Catholic Education family within the Diocese of Rockhampton.
About the role
As Principal, you will lead a team of educators who are dedicated to ensuring our students are provided with the very best opportunities to achieve their individual goals in a positive, safe and supportive environment. In addition, the Rockhampton Diocese, provides support to you through its operational arm, the Catholic Education Office, Rockhampton.
This support takes the form of expertise in Learning and Teaching, Catholic Identity, Indigenous Education, School Development and Organisational Services, including ICT, Finance, Human Resources and Student Protection. The position of Principal provides for the leadership and management of quality Catholic schooling and the growth and development of the Principal in the role.
The Principal’s call to leadership is a call to respond to the centrality of Jesus Christ and thus serve the Mission of Catholic Education. The Principal is the leading educational professional within the school, inspiring students, staff and members of the community to continuously enhance learning and personal growth.
This position will commence from 17 January 2022
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Promotes the Catholic vision in the school's goals, policies, programs and structures
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach able to respond clearly and able to provide and receive constructive feedback
We are seeking to appoint a leader who
- is a practising Catholic with a sound understanding of, and commitment to Catholic education
- has experience of successful leadership in Catholic education
- can foster a culture of inspirational teaching and learning and lead the development and implementation of school improvement initiatives
- has the interpersonal skills to build partnerships within the school and with the local community
- is willing to provide leadership in areas of the duty statement, and
- can lead in ways that are consistent with the message of Jesus and the Gospels
- Catholic church teachings, principles and values
- Diocesan policies and directives
- The Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton Charter
- Catholic Education Mission and Vision Statements, policies, practices and strategic directions.
What we offer – in addition to a competitive salary range, the following incentives apply
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation up to 12.75%
- Leadership opportunities
- Professional Renewal Leave
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume and supporting documentation (inclusive of three (3) referees)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a covering letter (addressed to the Director). In no more than 2 A4 pages, your covering letter must provide clear evidence of your demonstrated ability to lead a school in the following key leadership areas:
- Enhancing Catholic ethos and identity
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
- Engaging and working with the community
Please refer to the Position Description and A Vision for Christian Leadership in the Diocese of Rockhampton to support your response.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Michael Kelso (Assistant Director: Schools - Rockhampton Region) 07 4994 8010
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close: 11 July 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.