Community Support Workers
- Permanent Part-Time Positions Available
- Flexible and ongoing rosters
- Salary packaging benefits
About the Organisation
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside our customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities!
What’s involved in the role?
We are seeking hardworking and enthusiastic Community Support Workers to work across our Port Lincoln Services!
- We support our customers 24/7, including overnights and weekends. Supported Independent Living, Short Term Accommodation and Home & Community Support for children and adults
- Positions currently available across Port Lincoln
- Providing support to our customers including children and adults, both in accommodation and short term/respite services, in an encouraging and safe environment
- Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
- Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
- Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
- Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
- Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
- We need you to be flexible to work over a 7 day, 24 hour roster period including mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Passionate about making a difference to our customers
So, what do you need to apply?
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
- Good level of IT skills and use of smart technology
- No formal qualification necessary, however a Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent experience is desirable
- Current SA Driver’s Licence
- Current DHS Disability Employment and Child Related Employment Screening & Working with Children Check (or willing to acquire)
- Willingness to undergo psychometric assessment for our DCP children's services (if applicable)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- You have the rights to work in Australia
Benefits & Perks
- Encouraging, rewarding and friendly work environment
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focusing on our people
- Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits (Salary Package up to $15,900 tax-free per year for everyday expenses such as your mortgage or rent, bills, shopping and petrol - T&Cs apply)
- On the job paid training
- Opportunities to earn while you learn with a Certificate III of Individual Support (eligibility and conditions apply)
- Join a recognised industry leader in person centred active disability support
- Use of own vehicle may be required however, you can claim your kilometres back at tax time
Cara is an equal opportunity employer. Cara is committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourages applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
How do I apply?
- Please complete the details below including Resume and Cover Letter
- To view the Position Description please click here
- You can follow us on LinkedIn at https://au.linkedin.com/company/cara-inc
- For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
- The closing date for this role 5:00pm Friday, 30th of April 2021
- Please note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted