Waste Coordinator West - Temporary
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Waste Coordinator supervises the day to day resources requirements in order to ensure efficient processing of solid waste and recycling. This includes:
- Coordination of operations at Whylandra Landfill.
- Sourcing and supervision of required resources – plant, labour, materials.
- Customer liaison including weighbridge operation.
This is a full-time temporary position up to 12 months.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Day to day coordination of plant and resources
- Coordinate the activities performed by the waste team
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Demonstrated work related experience in waste and recycling operations.
- Class HR Drivers License and plant operator competence including mechanical aptitude.
- General administrative skills demonstrating a competent level of literacy and numeracy and basic computer skills with experience in email and Microsoft office programs.
- General Construction Induction card.
- Good customer service and verbal communication skills.
You will be a hands on leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You have a high level of time management skills and attention to detail. Additionally, you have the demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with contractors and internal and external stakeholders.
You are a team player who continually shows positive leadership and looks for constructive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet, but not address at this stage.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position
Salary: $64,721-$75,218 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 30 May 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Resource Recovery and Efficiency Manager - 6801 4790
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)