Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
This is an opportunity for your career to make a difference. Engage in interesting projects and make an impact on global health outcomes. We are looking for an experienced Clinical Trials Coordinator to join our organisation.
The Clinical Trials Coordinator will primarily involve identifying, assessing and following trial participants and maintaining trial documentation. The role will also involve the conduct of trial coordinator activities across several general practice sites in NSW.
Our Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting GP database searches and identifying suitable prospective participants
- Screening for potential trial participants, enrolling and conducting baseline and follow-up assessments
- Training the participants in use of the study blood pressure monitoring device
- Tracking and reporting blood pressure data
- Ensuring adherence to the clinical trial protocol and that the trials is conducted and comply with all regulatory, state, national and internationally accepted guidelines for Good Clinical Practice in research (ICH GCP)
- Ensuring timely and accurate data collection and completion of the case report forms
- Maintaining accurate trial records
- Cooperating with monitoring and/or auditing activities when required, with full patient documentation available
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a nursing, health, science or research discipline
- At least 1-2 years’ experience as a clinical trial coordinator, preferably in a primary care setting
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, PowerPoint Outlook and Excel
- Good technical skills in the use of medical devices
- Demonstrated effective communication, time management, administrative and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience with data collection and using general practice patient databases
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals
- NSW drivers’ license and ability to travel to sites
- Ability to work well autonomously, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams or with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs
- Proficiency in English language
- Sensitivity to and an understanding of the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patients
- COVID vaccination evidence in line with current requirements
- 2022 Flu Vaccinations (or willingness to obtain)
This is a great opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and make an impact on global health outcomes.
For more information, please see the Position Description here
The closing date for applications is midnight, Friday 28th February 2023. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
About the George
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ employees around the world and projects in over 40 countries all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide.
As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Lead world-class, large-scale clinical trials, epidemiological studies and health systems research to transform treatments and healthcare delivery
- Look beyond single diseases, across the life course, to identify patient-centred approaches to care that can be implemented at scale
- Develop low-cost, innovative solutions to global unmet needs
- Drive our global impact through a program of research, advocacy, thought leadership and disruptive social entrepreneurship
We pride ourselves with our 6 core values: excellence, integrity, can-do approach, creativity, impact, and humanitarian commitment.
Please visit our website for more on The George: Home | The George Institute for Global Health
Why the George?
We are committed to attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining the best people in their fields to conduct and support our innovative and highest quality research programs.
Take advantage of our rewards you may enjoy as part of The George team.
- Generous salary packaging benefits increasing your take home pay
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Extra leave days including extended Christmas break and study leave
- YourFlex arrangements e.g. start/finish times, purchase leave, location
- A global, diverse, inclusive team committed to making impact