Retail Assistants - Christmas and Easter Casuals - Miranda
Haigh's Chocolates has been synonymous with fine chocolates since 1915 and we are very proud to be the oldest family-owned chocolate manufacturing retailer in Australia. We employ over 650 people across South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and ACT in 26 locations incorporating retail stores, manufacturing and distribution facilities and corporate support office. Driven by a mix of tradition from over 107 years of history and innovation to develop fine artisan chocolates, Haigh's is committed to achieving excellence in our field to continue to delight generations of chocolate lovers.
We are currently looking for Casual Retail Assistants to join our Miranda Store for our busy seasonal period of Christmas & Easter. For these positions, we are seeking extremely strong customer focused individuals who have availability over a full trading day and flexibility to also work late nights and weekends. These positions will commence early October 2022 and run right through until Easter in April 2023. Ongoing work after Easter is a possibility but dependant on store needs and individual performance.
Who are we looking for?
Experienced Retail Assistants who are passionate about creating the ultimate customer experience, through the delivery of world-class customer service. As an ambassador of the brand, you will represent Haigh's with a positive retail spirit.
To be successful in the position you will have:
- Previous experience in a retail or hospitality background (essential)
- Ability to work majority of hours during weekdays (Monday to Friday) (essential)
- A genuine passion for customer service
- A strong focus on achieving excellence and committed to team work
- A willingness to gain expertise in product knowledge
- A professional approach to troubleshooting problems
- Composed approach to working in a systematic manner within time constraints
- Polished presentation
- A great committed attitude and work ethic!
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a great team with a fun culture
- Belong to a fourth generation family owned company
- A friendly and vibrant working environment
- Competitive hourly rate
- Generous employee discount
- Career opportunities within the Group - both local and interstate
- Great discount to various providers, including travel, retail, grocery and F&B outlets
- Access to our Well-Being program, which includes annual flu vaccinations & health checks
- Lots of chocolate!
Good availability is an absolute must in the lead up to Christmas & Easter.
Interviews will be held in Sydney CBD on Thursday, 29 September. You will need to be available on this day to attend an interview if you wish to be considered. There will be a range of different timeslots available for you to pick from.
Haigh's believes that by valuing differences in backgrounds, cultures, abilities and experiences, that our work environment will be free from bias and prejudice. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments for those with disability to provide a positive barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Apply today to be part of the Haigh's experience and help us delight generations of chocolate lovers!