Casual - Housing Support Case Worker
ACCEPTING INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
- Competitive pay rate: $36.07-$40.64 p/hr + 25% Casual Loading
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Multiple positions available
- Travel across Metropolitan sites required
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 850 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, Hobart, and regional Victoria.
Your new role
We are currently seeking proactive individuals to join our Housing and Homelessness Team as a HHS Housing Support / Case Worker. No two days will be the same in this role which will work collaboratively with Coordinators, Case Workers and Housing Support Staff across our Housing sites, ACH, H2H, and HSAP programs supporting clients to find and maintain tenancies. Reporting to the HHS – Coordinator, you will assist some of our communities most vulnerable people to create a meaningful life, supporting them through independent living, community engagement and recovery, linking and referring them into clinical services, social, and recreational activities.
Your responsibilities and duties will also include:
- Ensuring clients obtain access to Home Care Packages (HCP) and NDIS by providing referrals and case management assistance.
- Responding to client feedback and complaints in line with Wintringham policy and procedures.
- Facilitate and encourage the engagement and maintenance of natural supports.
- Utilising relationships within sectors to assist access into other services and systems.
- Working collaboratively with the other support workers and teams to ensure a collaborative team culture is maintained.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Paid travel time between client: Excluding travel between home and your first and last client, you will be paid for your travel time.
- Kilometer Reimbursement: you will receive a kilometer reimbursement for travel during work hours (excluding travel between home and your first and last client).
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Community Services or equivalent.
- A current Victorian drivers licence and willingness to travel to various housing sites around Melbourne.
- Experience in a support worker role in Intensive Case Management with specific training and/or experience in: AOD Mental Health and Family Violence or Homelessness services.
- Experience in working effectively and sensitively with a broad range of clients, including those with high support needs and challenging behaviours.
- An understanding of the Housing and Homelessness Service sector My Aged Care, NDIS and other relevant service systems.
- Proven commitment to excellence, accountability and innovation in best practice service delivery in the fields of homelessness and housing support.
- Well-developed communications skills and the ability to with engage people from varying backgrounds.
- First Aid Certificate.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description can be accessed HERE.
Please address your responses to the key selection criteria (located in the position description) in your cover letter.
Applications can be directed to Cassandra Politanski (Housing & Homelessness Support Coordinator) and submitted via our website.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 30th June 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID19 and help keep Victorians safe. You will be required to show evidence of 3 COVID19 vaccinations and be willing to undertake Flu vaccination in the 2022 year and subsequent years.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.