Brisbane - West End
i2C is an Australian Architecture and Interior Design practice with studios across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Whether it be our own office culture or the impact our designs have on the wider community, enhancing the human experience is at the core of our company ethos.
We are a collaborative practice and believe in the approach of ‘more workshops, more often’ with clients, consultants, project contributors and our own internal team. Though we work across 4 studios, we operate as a National organisation of design professionals, drawing on the collective knowledge and individual talents of our entire team.
What we'll expect from you:
We are looking for a creative, proactive, adaptable and passionate Project Architect to join our Brisbane studio.
As an experienced Project Architect, you will have worked across varied medium to large-scale complex projects. You will ideally possess experience in a similar 'Project Architect' role, with a strong working knowledge of Revit. This is an all rounder role - client facing and working across multiple projects, you'll also have a passion for helping develop and coach the team around you. As we are a multi-disciplinary practice, experience across multiple sectors including retail, commercial and mixed use is advantageous.
General responsibilities of the role include:
- Strong working knowledge of the Australian industry
- A strong knowledge of construction codes and standards - Strong Revit and design software skills.
- Managing the day to day operations of projects
- Creating and reviewing drawings in Revit; including checking and marking up drawings and reviewing team members' drawings and documenting projects if needed
- A willingness to collaborate and communicate with a truly national team.
Ideally, you will have 7+ years of experience working as part of a team and covering all aspects of the design process including town planning, sketch design and design development and construction Documentation
- Established experience in medium to large scale Architecture Project
- Minimum of 7 years’ Architectural / Design experience, preferably as a qualified or registered architect
- Experience and involvement in client relationship management and development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to proactively communicate and manage clients, consultants and internal team members to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering designs from briefing to project handover
- Solution focus – demonstrated proactive and collaborative approach to projects, clients and teams
- Proven ability to manage and oversee multiple projects at once
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of relevant NCCC/BCA’s and related building regulations and specifications
- Team focused leadership approach, respectful and patient with the wider team and an eye for team development
What you can expect from us:
- Great flexibility, loads of benefits and a variety of work in a friendly environment.
- A tight knit team that supports and grows with you
- The opportunity to experience all aspects of the Project as it grows
- Recognition at every turn and accountability to make it happen
- A progressive approach to team, company and client development
- The very best software and training available
- An experienced team that will challenge and develop you personally and professionally
Being recognised as the #1 Architectural Company in Australia’s ‘Best Places to Work’, we are committed to creating the very best spaces for Australians to enjoy in their everyday life. It’s a mandate we fulfil passionately. If you have the same attitude and commitment to your profession and customers and you’re ready to take a big step forward, we may have exactly the opportunity you’re looking for.