Graduate Architectural Technician
i2C is an Australian Architecture and Interior Design practice with studios across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Whether it be our own office culture or the impact our designs have on the wider community, enhancing the human experience is at the core of our company ethos.
We are a collaborative practice and believe in the approach of ‘more workshops, more often’ with clients, consultants, project contributors and our own internal team. Though we work across 4 studios, we operate as a National organisation of design professionals, drawing on the collective knowledge and individual talents of our entire team.
We are looking for a Graduate Architectural Technician to work with our Brisbane team on varied projects across multiple sectors including retail, commercial, industrial and more.
Ideally you will have at least 1 year post graduation experience using Revit. Ultimately, you’ll help us build functional, secure and well-designed structures that meet our needs, the clients requirements and the needs of the wider community.
Outstanding attention to detail is paramount for this role. The right candidate must have a ‘can do attitude’ and be passionate about delivering quality projects to their clients.
To be considered in this role you will have:
- Basic construction knowledge and documentation preparation using Revit. Experience liaising with all stakeholders to ensure the best solution for every individual design and installation project.
- Site measurement and preparing construction drawing packages will also be part of your responsibilities.
- Create, edit, maintain and coordinate REVIT models to a high standard of accuracy and in accordance with BIM procedures and Australian best practice.
We are in the process of expanding our inspired teams to change the face of how people see architecture in Australia and we need your help.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 1 year post graduation experience producing high quality & accurate architectural drawings using Revit
- Building your detailing skills and construction knowledge
- Able to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with the Client, Council and Consultants
- Ability to cross check and understand structural, civil, hydraulic and electrical drawings
- Familiarity with Council Planning Codes
- Sound knowledge of NCC & Australian Standards
Being recognised as the #1 Architectural Company in Australia’s ‘Best Places to Work’, we are committed to creating the very best spaces for Australians to enjoy in their everyday life. It’s a mandate we fulfil passionately. If you have the same attitude and commitment to your profession and customers and you’re ready to take a big step forward, we may have exactly the opportunity you’re looking for.