Fitter / Plant Mechanic (Casual or Permanent)
FITTER / PLANT MECHANIC (Casual or Permanent)
Working with Kings Engineering
Kings Engineering is a leading NSW engineering business that is Australian owned and operated. Founded in 1923, Kings has a proud history of providing engineering solutions across a range of industries. Located at Rutherford, Kings works across a range of industries including tunneling and infrastructure, open cut and underground mining, rail and manufacturing.
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and we invest in our people so that they can deliver for our customers. Our inclusive Apprenticeship Training Program has been developing the next generation of tradespeople and leaders for more than 40 years.
About the role
Kings Engineering has both casual and permanent opportunities in its team for Fitters and Plant Mechanics, with experience in maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment.
The successful people will be responsible for supporting the achievement of safety and production targets by providing high quality and timely maintenance service to a wide spectrum of engineering services including Mining, Transport, Construction, Rail, and Manufacturing industries. The role may involve the operation, maintenance, or repair of surface mining equipment and fixed equipment and assets.
- Provide safe, effective, and efficient mechanical maintenance services to customers
- Meet required targets with safety as the priority
- Provide maintenance and breakdown support on mobile and fixed plant
- Perform quality inspections of machinery and document as per legislative and operational requirements
- Demonstrate excellent housekeeping and equipment care
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Engineering Trade Certificate
- Experience in maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate within and between work teams, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills
- Current valid NSW Driver's Licence
- High Risk WorkCover tickets such as C6 Crane (60T), Dogging, Basic Rigging, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, and Working at Heights training
- Experience on Mitsui or Sandvik Roadheaders
- Experience in component rebuild
Investing in our people and the community
At Kings Engineering, part of The Bloomfield Group, we invest in our people and we invest in the community. We offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits.
Underpinning how we go about our work are our company values: We Care. We Deliver.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of our company.
To apply for the position please select 'apply now ' and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role.
Applications close on 3 July 2022
To find out more about Kings Engineering, please visit www.pwgking.com.au
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.