Operations Manager x 2
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
We have 2 opportunities for Operations Managers to join either the Convenience team or Storage & Handling team. These roles are based at our Hemmant site and will report to the General Manager, Hemmant.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver a high level of service to the customer from a warehouse through to delivery to store across a 7 day retail logistics operation / storage & handling operation
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed
- Monitor and actively manage costs, driving efficiencies and reductions to maximise extraction of value against the contract requirements
- Contribute to the senior leadership team by assisting with development of strategies and ways of operating to drive national standards and consistency
- Determine weekly/daily labour and equipment to meet workloads in line with legal and industrial relations framework
- Coordinate site activities with Supervisors and other stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective execution of daily plan
- Ensure agreed customer service levels
- Ensure all staff are trained to operate all machinery/equipment
- Manage Company assets within the operation and ensure a high level of housekeeping
- Review state weekly actual performance against weekly plans and propose corrective action for variances as appropriate
- Ensure credit claims are managed and corrective actions in place
- Consistently hitting or exceeding the goals and objectives set by self and others
To be successful, you will have:
- 10 years plus experience in a similar role (logistics/transport industry is preferable)
- 5 years plus in a fast-paced retail logistics environment within a distribution centre
- Qualifications in Logistics Management or a business discipline, and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills, managing an operational and administration team
- Must have experience and knowledge of a multi temperature operations
- Must have experience and knowledge with transport / route distribution
- Excellent understanding of profit and loss and other KPI’s that drive storage, handling and distribution costs
- Strong knowledge of labour cost control and improvement and the relationship between labour and handling revenue
Our Purpose: Transform the food supply-chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world.
Our Vision: To be the world’s most dynamic temperature-controlled logistics company
Our Values: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold & Servant Leadership.
If you would like to apply, please complete the application form to submit your CV as a PDF attachment.