Senior Urban Planner
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Band 6 Salary - $89K - $97K + Super
- Permanent Full time / Monthly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Urban Planning Branch is looking for a Senior Urban Planner who is future focused with a track record of delivering results.
The role includes the assessment of complex inner metropolitan proposals including residential infill, heritage, commercial and industrial land use and development and the opportunity to mentor a new generation of planners.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning
- Broad understanding of the planning approvals function and a drive to facilitate sustainable development outcomes
- The ability to hit the ground running with complex applications
- The ability to engage with applicants and the community to achieve high quality outcomes
- Ability to prepare concise yet thorough reports and documentation
- Excellent customer service skills, including the capacity to deal effectively with conflict
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Darren Camilleri on 9240 1281.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 4th December 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.