NDIS Care Coordinator
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive remuneration: $33.8935 p/hr
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Part Time (34 hours per week)
- Based in Broadmeadows with some WFH due to COVID-19
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices and sites across Melbourne and regional Victoria. Wintringham’s NDIS programs are primarily targeted at frail, older people over 50 years of age who are vulnerable and are experiencing a lifelong disability.
Your new role
Wintringham is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our tight-knit NDIS team as the NDIS Care Coordinator on a Fixed Term Time Basis until 30/06/2022 (with the possibility of becoming ongoing. This role will be based at our Outer Northern Office (Broadmeadows). In this fast-paced and dynamic role, you will act as a customer service contact for NDIS participants wishing to purchase direct care services from Wintringham. The NDIS Care Coordinator position will work alongside NDIS Support Coordinators and Rostering Coordinators. The available hours are:
Week 1&2: 34 hours per week (days and times TBD)
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with NDIS participants, their family members, and Support Coordinators to ensure that Wintringham Rostering Coordinators have all the information required to match staff and provide appropriate care.
- Generate Service Agreements for Wintringham’s direct care services provided through the NDIS.
- Awareness and understanding of budgetary constraints for NDIS participants.
- Ensure agreements are completed correctly and filed.
- Utilise GoldCare to record expenditure against participants NDIS plans.
- Follow up with Wintringham services and clients for submission of log sheets, confirming delivery of services
What’s in it for you
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Excellent training and support: Wintringham will provide you with essential training and will continue to support you throughout your role.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
What we’ll require from you:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office are desirable
- Knowledge of GoldCare computer software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to organise, prioritise and time manage
- The ability to liaise with numerous stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to undertake administrative tasks which may including: filing, writing reports and memos, case notes and client records, participation in meetings, managing resources and analysing information and data.
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be directed to Kylie Thomson (NDIS Senior Coordinator) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close 5:00pm Thursday 17th June 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.