Business and Hospitality Support Communications Officer
|Job Type||Full Time - Temporary (November 2021)|
|Package||$81,105.58 per annum|
|Position Description||Business and Hospitality Support Communications Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
The position will develop and deliver communications initiatives to businesses, events and community groups, including recreation and sporting clubs, regarding the importance of COVIDSafe compliance practices, as well as develop, collate and report on data related to uptake of and compliance with state government COVID response directives and programs.
- Develop and deliver a media and engagement strategy to ensure consistent messaging, across all media platforms that supports increased active engagement in COVIDSafe practices and knowledge of current restriction requirements.
- Develop resources and information to business and the community to ensure compliance with COVIDSafe restrictions in all commercial and community settings, including:
- information and advice on creation of COVIDSafe Plans
- information in community languages
- advice on where to obtain further information
- Define and develop relevant data collection methods and procedures to identify challenges and barriers in achieving COVIDSafe compliance by business and community groups.
- Report to relevant agencies compliance challenges identified and feedback regarding barriers to achieving compliance.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training
- Tertiary qualification in public relations, journalism or a related field or less formal qualifications with substantial experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to create content across all communication platforms and a track record in securing media coverage.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to resolve problems innovatively.
- Proven ability in development of data collection tools and data analysis.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 26th July 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer