Manager Financial Services
|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$148,983.59 Total Remuneration Package|
|Position Description||Manager Financial Services|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
An exciting leadership role, with the opportunity to work remotely using innovative technology.
This position is responsible for the management of Council’s financial services function through ensuring financial plans and budgets support integrated strategic planning and reporting frameworks and meet the financial provisions of the Local Government Act.
- Strategically develop and apply control procedures to protect the integrity of Council’s financial systems.
- Lead systems and process reform within the financial services team and broader organisation.
- Manage timely submission of Victorian Grants Commission annual return, annual financial statements and all necessary business plans.
- Facilitate audits of Council’s annual financial statements and other audits, as required.
- Oversee asset management practices to ensure compliance with Accounting Standards, Local Government Regulations, and Council policies and procedures.
- Manage Council’s investments to maximise returns and ensure necessary cash resources are available as required consistent with Council’s Investment policy.
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the financial services team including participating in team projects, process mapping and review, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Business, Management or a related discipline and extensive experience in senior-level accounting and management.
- Strong background in financial planning, budget preparation and monitoring, financial statement preparation, keeping of accounting records and asset identification.
- Extensive experience in building productive partnerships and relationships with stakeholders to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Substantial experience leading systems and process reform within the financial services team and broader organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership for a multidisciplinary team.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Vaughan Williams, Director Corporate Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 09 August 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer