Coordinator Sustainable Development
|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$105,638.71 per annum|
|Position Description||Coordinator Sustainable Development|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position coordinates Council’s statutory planning, building and environmental health functions to deliver an effective service and ensure a consistent and professional approach reflecting Council objectives and policies.
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and support to planning, building and environmental health staff in the delivery of quality services to the NGSC community.
- Coordinate assessment and review of development applications in accordance with relevant legislation, statutory requirements, Council plans and policies to ensure consistent and uniform decision making.
- Engage external stakeholders, including representing Council at functions and meetings, to provide advice across the scope of delegation to achieve Council’s strategic goals.
- Enhance the operational efficiency and improve customer service and satisfaction of the department, by:
- Maintaining relevant policies and procedures
- Contributing to the development of annual budgets and service plans
- Monitoring and reviewing service delivery
- Coordinating process improvement and promoting a continuous improvement culture
- Contributing to the monitoring, review and maintenance of the Shire’s Planning Scheme, including preparation and processing of Planning Scheme Amendments
- Assisting in the delivery of projects
- Assist in the management of specialist consultants to ensure best practice planning outcomes and compliance with Council and State Government requirements
- Contribute to the review of State government legislation, policies, programs, and prepare submissions for Council as required by the Manager Community Safety and Amenity
Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training
- Tertiary qualifications in Statutory Planning (or related area) with substantial relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive and diverse experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating and mentoring staff to consistently deliver accurate and timely advice and decisions.
- Proven ability to develop alternative and innovative services which improve delivery and provide solutions to meet community needs.
- Substantial experience in statutory planning, including assessment of complex planning permit applications, preferably within the Victorian planning system
- Highly developed interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to maintain effective relationships with Council, management, staff and the community.
- Well-demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication which enable successful negotiation and persuasion across areas of delegated authority and expertise.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact David George, Manager Community Safety & Amenity at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 25 October 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer