Customer Service Officer
Full Time opportunities available
Temporary 12-month Contract
Salary range from: $66,251.45 to $79,108.34 pa + 10% super
+ $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time - Core hours 8:45am – 5:15pm
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
A full time opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic team player to join our experienced Customer Services department within Corporate Services.
The successful applicant for this role will provide courteous, prompt and accurate front-line service to internal and external customers on all aspects of council activities, including development applications, resident parking, rates, community information and rubbish collections, and contribute to the development and provision of online customer service. Cash handling and balancing is an important aspect of the role.
The Customer Service Officers rotate between the front counter, the call-centre and other administration areas to ensure variety in the role.
- Demonstrated experience in providing quality customer service both face to face and in a call-centre
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to assess clients’ needs
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience/ability to undertake cash handling and end of day reconciliation procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in updating computerised databases and registers as well as working in a Microsoft application environment (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Suitable for appointment to Justice of the Peace
- Previous experience in a Council Customer Service or Call Centre environment
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week with access to flex-time for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Enjoy an easy walk to spectacular harbour views during lunch
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
In accordance with the requirements of this role, a National Police Clearance will be required as part of the Recruitment process.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 07 July 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.