Expressions of Interest: Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
North Sydney Council is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the appointment to the role of Independent Member on the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee commencing by 31 December 2022 for a four year term.
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee meetings five times per year and is responsible for providing independent assurance, oversight, and assistance to Council in the areas of risk, control, improvements, governance, financial reporting, and performance. Council is seeking members with skills and experience in accounting and financial management, risk management and corporate improvement.
Members of the Committee are expected to:
- Understand the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements for local government and North Sydney Council
- Contribute the time needed to read and understand the papers provided for meetings
- Apply strong analytical skills, objectivity and good judgement
- Express opinions frankly, raise questions that go to fundamental core of issues, and pursue independent lines of enquiry.
- Demonstrate independence in their deliberations.
Click Here for information pack.
To be eligible for appointment to role of Independent Member, a person must, at a minimum, demonstrate their ability to meet the following requirements:
- Relevant professional qualifications,
- Relevant professional knowledge and expertise,
- Understanding of/experience in local government,
- Understanding of/experience in the role of corporate governance, and
- Current/prior experience on similar
The selection process will also have regard to ensuring a spread of skills and experience across the Committee.
Closing date: 03 October 2022 - 11.30pm
Submissions: Interested applicants should demonstrate their suitability for the role by responding to the questions in the online form and providing a current resume (including two referees), and any other supporting documents considered relevant.
Contact person: Shane Sullivan, Executive Manager Governance (0479 178 702) email: firstname.lastname@example.org