Taradale Vet Hospital is located in the stunning Hawkes Bay Region in New Zealand. Hawkes Bay is known best as wine country but that is not all it has to offer! It is the Art Deco of New Zealand and showcases stunning 1930s architectural buildings and tourists flock to marvel at its beauty. Climb the stunning Te Mata peak or go on an enlightening bicycle tour around town. To learn more about this stunning location, please visit https://www.newzealand.com/au/hawkes-bay/
Who are we?
Taradale Vet Hospital is a busy, well-established companion animal clinic offering seven days a week service to a loyal client base. An exciting position has become available for a full-time Veterinarian.
The position offers a friendly, professional and stimulating environment and you will be working alongside four experienced Veterinarians, nine Vet Nurses and a Team Leader. We pride ourselves in a strong team culture and in providing a caring environment for each other, our clients, and our patients.
The clinic is well-equipped, including Idexx machines and Dental X-ray. Although weekend work is usually one-in-four, after hours on-call is currently shared between three clinics in Napier, resulting in 3 weeks on call / 6 weeks off.
Although some experience is preferred, we welcome applications from recent or new graduate Veterinarians.
Where are we located?
Taradale Vet Hospital is located in Napier in the sunny Hawke’s Bay. The region has plenty to offer the food and wine enthusiast and is sometimes referred to as the ‘fruit bowl of New Zealand’.
The Hawke’s Bay enjoys a good climate along with an array of outdoor and cultural activities. For more information on our region, please visit https://www.hawkesbaynz.com/
What we can offer you:
- Generous remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in New Zealand or Australia
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
- Relocation allowance, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A professional attitude with the drive and passion to provide patients with the highest standards of care
- A warm and welcoming approach towards clients
- You are self-motivated, pro-active, flexible and enjoy a varied case load
- Resilience and the willingness to work under busy pressure situations
- You are a strong communicator – both with colleagues and clients
- The desire to share our values.
For further information, please visit https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/taradale
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of over 90 clinics located across New Zealand and Australia.
What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://nvcltd.com.au/Veterinary-Training-Centre/
What is it like to work for NVC?
Let our staff tell you themselves!
Watch our video to find out more https://nvcltd.com.au/careers/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Please contact Shanda Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Now!
This position offers a negotiable base salary range of $50,000 - $100,000 (pro rata for part-time), dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience. Whilst NVC seeks to source applicants who meet the above criteria and skill set, alternative applicant’s may still be considered. In these cases, the base salary is subject to change to suit.