Work is changing. Automation and other changes are impacting the job market and the skills in demand.
Constant learning is needed to not only progress in your career, but stay relevant. On top of that, we feel busier than ever, and struggle to find time to learn.
So, how do we understand the skills we need, and learn them efficiently?
GO1 is solving this problem by not only being the most comprehensive source for all professional development. But, by understanding where people need to develop, and how to most effectively reach their potential.
We're looking for a Product Designer to join our team full-time, and create great customer experiences to achieve this vision. Work with the rest of our design team from our (newly renovated) headquarters in Underwood, Brisbane.
What you have
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- An eagerness to learn, and expand your skills
- A focus on customers and their needs, *before* solutions
- Strong evidence and reasoning for your solutions
- Experience doing customer research (including interviews and usability testing)
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools (Figma is a bonus)
- Experience working within the context of a Design System, or even better, experience building one.
- At least 3 years of professional designer experience and a strong portfolio that speaks to your experience
- Experience working on a SaaS or consumer product
What you will do
- Be involved in the product process from discovering customer needs, through to validating that those needs have been met
- Work with the Product Design Lead to understand our customers and align the business on their needs
- Facilitate collaborative processes to understand and define customer problems
- Collaboratively ideate and decide on innovative solutions
- Utilise a variety of tools to prototype and validate solutions
- Sell the value of our solutions, in the context of our customers needs, to the wider organisation
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to help each other grow our skill sets
- Working on a diverse product and design team, with a great collaborative culture
- A newly renovated office with full-time barista, and plenty of snacks and other drinks
- Lunch supplied every Friday
- Your choice of brand new Mac or Surface laptop
If you're passionate about improving the future of how we learn and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn't perfectly match our ideal credentials.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recruitment agencies - please leave this one to us, we've got it covered.