Coordinator Environmental Services
JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Coordinator Environmental Services to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role you will manage the provision of environmental services to Council including sustainability strategy and education, natural resource management, planning and reporting that will inform and guide council’s provision of services within Environmental Management. You will also make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
The Coordinator Environmental Services is a key member of the Development and Environmental Services Business Unit reporting directly to the Manager Development and Environmental Services.
The position leads a team of environmental and sustainability specialists and as a team they are responsible for provision of environmental services to Council including, environmental support, sustainability strategy and education, natural resources management and monitoring and reporting on outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the provision environmental sustainability planning, policy development, strategic planning, financial planning, and risk management that will inform and guide council’s provision of environmental and sustainability services.
- Coordinate and maintain all auditing of environmental compliance with all council owned buildings and facilities, including (but not limited to) the Waste Management Facility, Saleyards, Depot and Sewerage Treatment Plant.
- Develop, implement and review strategies, policies and programs within Council and in the community relating to Environmental and Sustainability Services, including Sustainability Strategy, Weeds Strategy, Biodiversity Strategy and Zero Emissions Strategy, as required from council’s adopted Sustainability documents.
Degree in environmental management/science and/or sustainability
A minimum of 5 years planning and policy development experience including proven ability to develop and implement a range of Sustainability and Environmental plans and policies
An understanding of the principles of triple bottom line sustainability and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and their application in local government
Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in the environmental approval requirements for facilities under the EP&A Act and the POEO Act
Additionally, you will have well-developed interpersonal skills, stakeholder consultation and engagement skills, with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including community groups.
Singleton Council is committed to ensuring we provide a safe place of work for our staff and visitors and require all employees to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 in accordance with Singleton Council's COVIDsafe Workplace Protocol.
This position is offered on a permanent full time basis working 35 hours per week.
Remuneration for this position is based on 15 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $106,437 - $119,726 per annum plus superannuation. This position attracts a vehicle allowance currently set at $16,309.27.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
For further information regarding this role please see the position description and information for intending applicants, or contact Mary-Anne Crawford, Manager Development and Environmental Services] on 02 6578 7290
To be eligible for this role you MUST have the Right to Work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 3 OCTOBER 2022