Environmental Scientist - Ecology
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Researching, developing, reporting and implementing policies, programs and strategies to protect the Shire’s environment and the health of its residents with an emphasis on ecology and biodiversity.
Things You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement ecological field surveys, monitoring and reporting programs
- Manage relevant projects (e.g. Grey-headed Flying-fox camp management), liaise with Council staff and supervise contractors and volunteers.
- Prepare reports to other departments and divisions, providing expert environmental input to plans, policies or applications as required.
- Create, apply for and administer grant funding as required, including timely reporting and accurate record keeping.
- Assist the Principal Environmental Scientist to conduct public meetings relevant to environmental issues as required.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working with a diverse team who are passionate about caring for the environment and unique biodiversity of the Sutherland Shire
- Contributing to the conservation efforts of the Grey-headed Flying-fox and other Threatened Species.
- Assisting with cutting-edge research and exploring the latest technology in fauna monitoring.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to our targeted questions and submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Friday 16 April 2021
- Package: $85,900 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Temporary Full Time 35 hours per week 19 day month flexitime arrangement. Role is expected to start late May 2021 and expected to be available for up to 12 months.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Ian Drinnan, Manager Environmental Science on 97100547 for any job specific enquiries